We specialize in designing, building, and flying scale model rocketry projects for competition. Various 3D-printed scale model parts are available via our shop page and others are in the R&D phase, so be sure to check back with us!
- Guest Article: John Brohm’s Javelin Project 2019-11-10 Check out John Brohm’s award-winning Argo D-4 Javelin model project. John shares lots of useful scale rocketry techniques in a series of four PDF articles. http://meatballrocketry.com/john-brohms-javelin-project/
- Spectacular Failures of Unmanned Rockets 2016-06-13 I put this together for a 4-H rocket day camp in 2013–the kids really enjoyed it. Video clips from various YouTube sources, The Right Stuff, and Spacecraft Films DVD, Liftoff: Success and Failure on the Launch Pad (highly recommended). Audio track: Wagner’s The Ride of the Valkyries, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. https://www.youtube.com/embed/RY1cEOzaf78
- Minor Site Update 2015-03-15 We now have an e-commerce plugin handling the layout of our 3D-printed part links, etc. This should make it somewhat easier for our customers to browse products that are available in multiple configurations while remaining on this site. Links will take you to the corresponding product listing on Shapeways.com. An added benefit of having the e-commerce ...
- 4-H Rocket Camp 2013 & 2014 2014-10-14 Jess and I taught a 4-H rocket camp for two years in a row, and it was a big success.
- J-2 Engines for sale in 1:72 & 1:70 Scale (Updated) 2014-08-16 Design Update (1:72 & 1:70) The latest design for the J-2 Engines in 1:72 and 1:70 scale is identical to the original, but the 3D model is now printed in two pieces for easier finishing. Note the addition of sprue material that will have to be removed for assembly. (Lower sprue is only partially removed to ...